In v2.0 beta, 5 sites have specific handlers.
- The Guardian: This is a full-text RSS feed, but the handler does a little bit of additional formatting. Additionally, it displays the Kakuro and Suduko puzzles from G2 in full size, instead of shrinking them to fit in a column (like all other images).
- The Times: The Times do not provide a full-text RSS feed, so the full text of each article is obtained by requesting the print version of the article from the site. Unfortunately, The Times feed does not include categories.
- BBC: No full-text feed, so again the print version is retrieved from the site. BBC does support categories, but the images included in the RSS feed are rather small. I also notice a lot more errors in the formatting of the HTML from the site, so you sometimes see general footer information spilling into the article.
- New York Times: No full-text feed, and it seems hard to automate the retrieval of the print version of the article from the site. So instead the handler extracts the text from the normal web page.
- Washington Post: No full-text feed, so the article is retrieved from the site. The site is a little inconsistent with image layout though, so currently those are omitted. The feed does include categories, but they are simply each word in the title, which is not very useful so these are not used.