v2.0 beta 1
- added control over the conversion bitrate for non-MPEG2 input files
- overhauled user interface, which merges the video file selection and template editor windows
- Known problems:Currently, only three conversion rates are available, “Good”, “Better” and “Best”. In the future I will add more, and allow custom settings. “Good” and “Better” fit about 130 minutes onto a 4.3Gb DVD, “Best” fits about 95 minutes. “Good” is does a single pass conversion, “Better” and “Best” do two-pass conversion which is slower, but higher quality.
- When selecting “New” or “Load” from the file menu, there’s an error displayed. You can just ignore this, it doesn’t do any harm.
- doubled the size of the preview window
- fixed the “can’t get word 2″ error when trying to add invalid video files
- changed the remultiplexing utility to use ffmpeg. This also enables the input video to be converted to an appropriate format if necessary. See file formats for more details.
- changed the batch processor to use Growl notifications to deliver status messages. If Growl is installed, it will display a notification for the start and finish of each DVD being created. If you haven’t got Growl installed, you won’t see any messages.
- major code restructure, which you can’t see, but was definitely necessary!
- adds support for NTSC menus (previously they were all forced to be PAL)
- adds ability to load and save DVD definitions (via the file menu)
- adds ability to save default template settings (via the file menu)
- includes simple batch processor for creating multiple DVD images in one go (see Using the batch processor for more details)
- fix for bug which caused wrong fonts to be used in menus
- Fixed problem where menus buttons were positioned wrongly when using a 16:9 menu on a DVD player configured 4:3 mode.
- Upgraded to dvdauthor 0.6.12alpha (to enable the button positioning fix
- Added simple point-and-click interface for positioning menu buttons. See Using the template editor for more details
- Added default menu background
- Fixed bug which prevented DVD creation working with terminal output for users who didn’t have bash as their primary shell
- Exiting SmallDVD now also exits iMagine Photo
- more documentation, including using the template editor, and converting files from other formats for use in SmallDVD
- Added ability to set chapter lengths to the template editor
- Can now remove video files from the list
- DVDs now return to menu after playing each video (might allow this to configurable in the template in a later version)
- Aspect ratio of preview menu now changes when set in the template editor
- Changed the way temporary files are stored to hopefully make it more resilient to unexpected missing folders
- Added ability to change aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 (set in the template)
- Fixed a bug that caused the temporary items folder not to be created at startup
- initial release
Included in the package:
- dvdauthor & spumux (from dvdauthor)
- mpeg2enc, mplex & png2yuv (from mjpegtools)
- mkisofs (from cdrtools)
- bbdmux (from bbMPEG)
- ffmpeg (from v0.8)
Native Intel and PPC versions of each of these are included (which is why there are different packages for each platform)