SmallShrink 0.2 is available for download. I feel that this is a big, big improvement on the initial 0.1 release as it has numerous enhancements in the user interface.
- No longer starts a separate terminal window for the processing
- DVD target size can be specified
- Multiple titles can be extracted from a DVD and placed into the reauthored DVD (to do this, list them in the DVD titles box, separated by spaces. For example “3 4 5 6”)
- Fixed the bug that failed to handle DVD input and output paths containing spaces.
Full usage instructions to follow soon. Hopefully.
SmallNews 2.0b2 is available to download. This has three changes since 2.0b1:
- Option to create an iPhone/iPod specific version. I use GoodReader on my iPod Touch to read this, although I am sure other PDF viewers will work as well.
- Fixed the formatting of certain feeds which use h4, h5 and h6 tags, such as Engadget
- Fixed an occasional problem with the BBC feeds
I’ve had a few reports of problems with certain feeds when using SmallNews 1.0. I strongly recommend upgrading to 2.0b2 instead of using 1.0. Although it’s marked as beta version, that’s really because it has some unfinished features. It is no less stable than 1.0.